Saturday, October 20, 2012

All New Diabetes Can Be Delicious!

So as I read over my past few blog posts I realize that this Blog has changed.
There are no longer beautiful pictures of the food that I am eating.
It's mostly just me complaining about my health issues.
How can I get it back to being a positive and encouraging blog?

Well, this week when I went to my Doctor I got some bad news...
My Hemoglobin A1C increased yet again.
Last time it was 7.7, and I needed to get it under 7
I was horrified when she told me that it had risen to 8.2.
Not good.

She wants me to go and see an Endocrinologist, in hopes that they can do a more specific job of regulating my sugars.
The first appointment that is available is in the beginning of December.
I have about six weeks.

So, I have been thinking long and hard about it for the past few days.
I must eat better! (Although no matter how good I am I will always be able to say that I need to eat better)

I will search the internet for healthier recipes, as well as creating my own.

My New Mission:
To prepare DELICIOUS foods that are more diabetic friendly, but that do not sacrifice flavor!
To take beautiful photographs of my food and post them on this blog.
To post recipes to share with others in hopes of inspiring them.
To once again realize for myself that Diabetes Can Be Delicious!

Ultimate Goal:
To have a lower H A1C, to start enjoying food again, to exercise more, to be healthy


No comments:

Post a Comment