Monday, January 14, 2013

Vegan Week

Well... Vegan Week actually went by really fast and was much easier then I had anticipated.
I got a fantastic Cook book by a Vegan Chef and that definitely helped make it easier and delicious!
(I will write a detailed blog post about the book once I have made a couple more recipes from it)

The reasons for me to start this Vegan Challenge were

#1 I have read that a Vegan Diet can be beneficial for Diabetes
#2 I have considered trying a Vegan Diet for many years now and felt like this was a good opportunity to give it a shot
#3 I might lose a little weight during this process

I am by no means calling myself a Vegan (yet)



Another advantage is that this will change my (bad) habit of eating out so much.
I did go out to eat a couple of times this week, and unless you happen to be at a "Vegan Friendly" restaurant ordering food can be challenging.


I did find that my favorite Burger restaurant TEAK's Veggie Burger was really super yummy

(I need to point out that it is possible that the Bun was Not Vegan - but I am not going to be too nit-picky. Besides - I am not doing this for animal loving reasons - I am doing it for health reasons)
In fact I can say now that I never want to be the person that can't find anything to eat when I am out socially because it is not 100% Vegan.


I also had a really good Grilled Vegetable Sandwich (I had them leave off the cheese) from Dexter's in Winter Park.

Looking forward to continuing this challenge for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment