Friday, February 1, 2013

Vegan Dinner Party

Mark and I decided to invite our friends Maria and Andrew over for a Vegan Dinner.
Maria has been a Vegan for several years, and this gave me an excuse to try out some of my new recipes on them.



We started with my Vegetarian Chili, which contains Black Beans, Garbonzo Beans, Onion, Bell Pepper, and several Spices including Cocoa Powder.
It was a nice protein at the beginning of our night of feasting and talking!


Then for main course we had...
Mediterranean Salad
(Tomatoes, Red and Green Bell Peppers, Red Onion, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Parsley and Mint)


Pesto Pasta
(Brown Rice Pasta, Homemade Pesto Sauce, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Walnuts)


Rosemary Dinner Rolls


and Miso-Glazed Eggplant
(Vegan Chef Chloe Coscarelli's Recipe - her book has completely inspired me and she will be getting a whole blog post dedicated to her wonderful book soon)


Overall I was pleased with my meal, and I feel that we were all satisfied!


Then for Dessert, Maria had made some amazing Cookies with Flax, Chia, Coconut and Chocolate Chips - so delicious!

It was a fun, inspiring and awesome night!

Can't wait to do it again!

Hope to be posting some of my own recipes on here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment