Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dissapointed


So the next night I found myself at Banana's diner for the second night in a row.
This time i was going to find the healthiest thing on the menu.
I knew that my blood sugar would be lower, and i would prove that it is OK to eat out after work, providing that I make the right choices!
Sadly there weren't really any "healthy" choices on the menu, it is a diner and all.
However it wasn't very busy, so I felt it was Ok to custom order something and I knew the chef would have no problem with it.
I told them I wanted diced Avocado, Cucumbers, and Tomatoes with a Grilled Chicken Breast. Bleu Cheese Dressing on the side.
They gave me exactly what i wanted and it was Delicious!
So proud of how "good" I was being!

But much to my dismay, the next morning's sugar was once again 117.
Burger and Onion Rings or Vegetables and Chicken?
Does it matter? I might as well get the Burger!
At least that is how i felt. I know that i still did the right thing, and that Blood sugar is more then just one meal - it can be effected by Stress, Exercise, the Mood I'm in, etc....

The following 2 sugars were 108, and 115.
I still want them a little lower.
I did have an amazing meal in Mt. Dora the day before yesterday, that will be in the next blog, it deserves a whole blog of its own!

2 comments:

  1. a revision is in order- you are not insulin-dependent anymore... as your profile says :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, very True
    I will revise it!

    ReplyDelete