Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Goblin Market




I have been referred by a couple of different people that if I had the chance I should visit The Goblin Market in Mt. Dora, FL.
well after hearing about this place and wanting to try it for about 3 years, i finally had the chance earlier this week.
It is a charming little place, tucked back in one of the nooks and crannies of the very quaint downtown Mt. Dora, and upon entering I knew that it was somewhere special.
Very charming, and informative staff, very nice and interesting atmosphere, and most importantly... The Food!

I started with fried green tomatoes - fresh green tomato, sliced thin and lightly breaded. layered with goat & cream cheese. finished with a tomatillo-bacon drizzle. It was delicious and decadent!

My entree was sunflower seed crusted chicken milanese - sauteed breast of chicken with a fine sunflower seed crust over capellini. with artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomato, asparagus & scallion. finished with a pesto herb cream sauce. Extremely delicious and flavorful and rich. (I had to take half of it home with me) It was also accompanied by a fresh garden salad.

and then for dessert Mark and I split a Banana and Chocolate Cheesecake.

I loved the whole experience. I had heard that it was a little on the pricey side, however for the two of us (Mark also had an appetizer and an appetizer-entree) the bill was $73 which i felt was very reasonable for a special occasion, especially when you take in to account how great the atmosphere, service, and quality of the food was.
and just as a side note, they also have a really nice bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment