Saturday, February 12, 2011

LIME Fresh Mexican Grill





Lime is a mexican restaurant based out of Miami that is expanding and making its way to Orlando!
Their first Orlando location is in the Whole Foods plaza at Sand lake and I4. For those of you who have not been please check out their website and please give it a try. Nicole and I were invited to go to a tasting there this week, and I must say that I was impressed. We were greeted by Melissa (PR and Marketing Manager), Allison (Special events and Social Media Manager) and John (CEO and Founder of the Company) who are all based out of Miami. The event was for Locals, Foodies, Bloggers, etc.. There was a big spread of chips and all of their delicious salsas and hot sauces, queso and guacamole (All made in house from local fresh ingredients) Then the food started coming...i WANNA TiJUANA TACO Pronounced: TEE-AH-WANNA.
A soft flour tortilla, spread with homemade organic refried beans, wrapped around a crispy corn taco shell, stuffed with your choice of humanely raised chicken or ground beef, shredded lettuce, jack and cheddar cheese, sour cream and pico de gallo salsa.
Nicole and I had one chicken and one beef - Delicious! I must say that my first impression was off to a good start!
Then came the FLAUTAS Fun to say. Fun to eat. Humanely raised chicken, organic black beans, corn, jack and cheddar cheese lighty fried in golden brown, soft corn tortillas. Served with creamy avocado-ranch dipping sauce.
This was something that I wouldn't have thought to order, but God they were good, and the Avocado-Ranch sauce was to die for.
I would also like to point out that they have frozen Sangria and frozen Margaritas that are inexpensive, delicious, and have a powerful punch! I plan on going back in the the next couple of weeks and then giving the place a proper review on Urbanspoon, I am already eyeing the BLT Taco and the Quesadillas. I love that you can get a Taco platter (3) but even more so you can just get 1 Taco (about $3) if you want. and the Quesadillas come in whole or half portions. Being diabetic, I often have a problem consuming too much food at one time (being this delicious, it's hard not to) and Lime allows you to come in and order a smaller portion which I appreciate.
Now just to let you know, they will be opening up a new location in the Winter Park Village complex in the next few months, so please keep a look out and try to support this business. The people are great, the atmosphere is nice and most importantly the food is not only delicious, but you can eat very healthy for an affordable price!
a big Thank You to the staff of Lime. Look for my urbanspoon review soon!
and to my readers please check out LIME

No comments:

Post a Comment