Thursday, March 10, 2011

a new Challenge?



Yesterday I went to lunch with Devyn. We went to Banana's and I had my usual Fried Chicken Sandwich which came with a huge mound of Beer Battered Onion Rings. Delicious! I just about cleaned my plate. Then immediately following (actually about half way through the meal) I had my usual feelings of "Why did i eat so much?" and "Do I really need to eat out so often?"
The fact is that I eat "OUT" at least once a day.
I really enjoy cooking and preparing food.
Eating at home would save money, as well as most likely be a little healthier.
I have tried to set a goal of eating at home for one month straight, and it didn't work.
I usually go out to eat for either lunch or after work late nights with friends and co-workers and I really enjoy it!
So knowing that a whole month is too much to ask, what about a week?
Can I do it?
I have been trying to find a week where I didn't have anything already planned (Yes, i am a planner! sometimes it can be a curse, and i usually have where i will be dining planned a week or so in advance - Crazy - I know)
So after this heavy meal I decided "OK, THE WEEK STARTS NOW!"
Now, I know that next monday i will be in Tampa with Daphne and we already have a lunch "OUT" planned, so with that being the exception, I am going to try to eat at home the rest of the week.
The hard part is not going out to eat after work friday, saturday and sunday, and the challenge will be to stay on top of the game and make sure that i have Delicious food to prepare at home.
Well it is documented now, so here we go....
Upon coming home I decided to make myself a Grilled Cheese Sandwich with some Cucumbers and Tomatoes.
It was pretty good! and much cheaper then what i would have gotten if I had gone to Steak-N-Shake like I normally do on wednesdays. Maybe if I am good, I can treat myself next wednesday.
I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment