Thursday, March 17, 2011

Eat at Home Challenge Day 7




I did it. I made it a week without dining out! (with the one exception previously blogged about)
I started with a doctor's appointment which was a diabetic follow up. My blood results were in. She was pleased with the weight loss and the effort I have been putting towards my health. She was pleased with my food habits. She also said that my Cholesterol was perfect! She re-arranged my diabetes pills a little, increasing one of the pills that I am on but I still remain insulin free. She told me that I should increase my exercise (mainly cardio and aerobic) which is something that I promise to do, and she also told me that if I were to lose a little more weight that it would definitely be beneficial to my diabetes. (Of course she is going to say that, but I am going to work really hard to lose a few lbs.)
So after the appointment I cooked some eggs (2 egg whites and 2 whole eggs) with onions and tomatoes and also some toast with jelly! Then off to a good sweaty work out with Lynn. I also set up an "Exercise" Calendar and also a "Fasting Blood sugar" Calendar on the computer, so hopefully that will help me keep even better track of my daily rituals.
Before work I had a small piece of leftover Mousakka and some Broccoli/Cauliflower Mac-N-cheese. I am finding that if i use a salad plate, instead of a large dinner plate that I can fill it up more and still save calories by controlling portions.
After my shift I went to take my blood sugar, but found that I was out of Test Strips in my case, so I don't have a reading for last night but I DO know that it had to be good, probably right around 100.
So it had been a week, I had reached my goal, and I went to celebrate at Steak-N-Shake with Bobby. I had a coupon for a Cheesy Cheeseburger which came with Cheese Fries. My God it was delicious! I ate every bite of the Burger, but only ate about half of the fries. As I was eating it I tried not to feel guilty like i do sometimes, I earned this and I should be able to have it every once in a while, that being said, when i was done, i was done and no longer had that "itch" to eat more.
What did I learn from this week?
I learned that i can enjoy my food at home just as much, if not more, as dining out. However I don't want to give up dining out either. I love the experience of looking at a menu and deciding what I want. I love the act of being waited on and having the server bring the food to me. But mostly what I Love, and also what was the hardest thing to give up in this challenge, is going out to eat with friends. There is something special about going with co-workers for a bite to eat after work, or meeting someone you haven't seen in a while for lunch, or going for a meal with your boyfriend! I will not give it up, but I will try to keep everything in a nice balance!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment