Thursday, March 31, 2011

Vegetarian Challenge Day 7





Well this is my one week mark, this will complete the goal that I have set for myself.
I started with breakfast where I took two morningstar farms veggie sausage patties and built a sandwich with a little Cheddar and an Egg, and I finished up the home fries that I had leftover. Off to a great workout with Lynn, then on the way home where I was going to meet Nicole and go out for a bite, the weather took a turn for the worse. Not much rain, but plenty of wind and lightening, all the street lights went out, and so did the power at my house. We decided to stay in and so I went through the fridge and made us Vegetarian lunch, Pita Pockets with Sprouts, Carrots and Feta, Hummus and Pita Chips, String cheese, Apple slices and Grapes. It ended up being better and cheaper then if we had gone out, and after about an hour the power came back on! Then off to work, where after my 8 hour fast my blood sugar was 86. Now it was time to celebrate, with the usual wednesday night after work trip to Steak-N-Shake. It was at this meal last week where I had eaten my last Burger and Chlli! I have met my requirements, so what shall I order?
I decided to try to keep the Vegetarian thing going a few days more, I had Baked Beans, a Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Cheese Fries. I am in no way saying that these were "healthy" choices, but i was pleased with myself with sticking with this task for a little longer, even if it is just for a couple of days. I'm sure that I will get the craving for a Burger soon, but until I do I am going to keep it this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment