Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Vegetarian Challenge Day 3





I woke up and decided to have a non traditional breakfast, I roasted some Asparagus that I had bought the previous day, and served it with the leftover Rice that Mark had made along with the last piece of Naan. I wanted to get some sort of work out in early, but didn't feel like getting on the treadmill, so on the living room floor I did 75 crunches, 75 Bicycles, and 60 Push Ups. So then when I got a call from my Mom telling me they would be in town and would like for me to join them at Buca Di Beppo I figured that it would be OK. They already knew what they wanted and it fit into my Vegetarian plan for this week, FRIED MOZZARELLA Hand-breaded mozzarella fried golden brown and served on a bed of homemade marinara sauce, and APPLE GORGONZOLA SALAD Tart Granny Smith apples, spiced walnuts, dried cranberries and Gorgonzola cheese tossed with our fresh lettuce blend in our signature Italian vinaigrette. Both dishes are delicious. Then a quick nap and then off to work. After my 9 hour fast, imagining that my blood sugar reading would be about 100, I was shocked when it turned out to be 251! What was going on? I took it again.... 153. Then again.....121. The 4th reading was 106 (sounds about right) I took it the 5th time and it also read 106. Is my meter going bad? I have changed the batteries recently, so I knew it wasn't that, it IS about 4 years old, how long do they last? I will keep close watch over it for the next few days, and will replace it if necessary. So then it was off to Bananas, I had to order a little healthier then the previous night, I didn't want that heavy feeling again. My final decision, a House Salad with a side of Potato Chips. The Chips are not the best choice, but I really love them and at least I was not having a big Sandwich with it. So far, I have not missed the Meat, I'm pretty sure I will not actually become a Vegetarian, but I can easily do it for a little while!

No comments:

Post a Comment