Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Vegetarian Challenge Day 5



Nicole and I were out running some errands and decided to go to Sweet Tomatoes. As always it was delicious, however this time I was actually paying attention to all of the signs that said "Vegetarian" or "Non-Vegetarian". I have my staple items that I normally get here, but considering I am eating Vegetarian this week, some of my "usuals" were out. No Wonton Chicken Happiness salad, No Joan's Broccoli Madness (Bacon) and my two favorite soups, Tomato and Cream of Mushroom were both Non-Vegetarian. For the first time this week I realized how many things that I would naturally think to be Vegetarian were not. I'm sure the soups were made with Chicken or Beef stock, which doesn't bother me, however If I were Vegan, I am finding out that there are a lot less choices! I still managed to eat and have a good time doing it.
It is funny when you look up the definitions of all the different kinds of Vegetarians. It seems as though this week i am attempting to be an Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian, but I think after this week the most I would agree to is a Semi-Vegetarian. we will see, there are a few days left.
Another difficult time for me was yesterday at dinner, Addison and I went to Teak for half priced mondays, although I stuck to the plan and had Pan Fried Fresh Mozzarella Rounds $6.95
Panko-crusted fresh mozzarella, lightly fried served with marinara sauce and then for my entree I had theBroccoli Cheese Flatbread $7.95 Steamed broccoli, roasted garlic pesto spread, melted pepper jack and parmesan cheese topped with diced tomatoes, grilled onions and a nacho cheese drizzle. Now if I hadn't been eating Vegetarian, then I would have definitely ordered something different, however I wanted to stick to the rules and achieve the goal that I have set! Then late night was some Cereal, and after a 10 hour fast my blood sugar was 138.

No comments:

Post a Comment