Saturday, March 26, 2011

Vegetarian Challenge Day 2




After doing a P90 workout video and getting my blood sugar down to 114, I had my first meal which was very similar the yesterday's lunch, a Veggie Pita (Carrots, Cucumbers, Sprouts, Hummus and Feta) a small portion of Pesto Pasta Salad and a few Grapes. Delicious and Satisfying! Later, and throughout the day I snacked on a bowl of Cereal, and then a small plate with a piece of String Cheese, a palm full of Marcona Almonds, Green Apple Slices and a few more Grapes. Then off to work where after an 8 hour fast my blood sugar reading was 93! Then Bobby and I went to Bananas (like we usually do on fridays) They now have a Burger that is sandwiched between two Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (served with chips), I decided to get it with a Veggie Burger Patty (instead of Beef), thinking that it would be a good vegetarian option. However once I managed to eat most of it, I realized that it was actually pretty gross. Although it DID fit this weeks Vegetarian Diet, it was too heavy in my stomach, and I had wished that I had chosen something a little lighter. Perhaps when I dine at Bananas next I will just get a salad or something. Perhaps now that I am in a "healthier" mode I just don't want the extra calories or extra carbs, or at least I feel guilty after eating them. We shall see.
Tomorrow night after the bar, Healthier eating I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment