Thursday, March 24, 2011

Vegetarian Challenge?



So when I did the "Eating at Home" challenge, I learned that what I liked about going "Out" to eat was partially the food, but mostly the experience. Now in the past I have successfully given up going through Drive Thrus for a year, I have gone 2 whole years without cooking Bacon, and I have given up Snickers bars completely!
Sometimes I think it is a good idea to sacrifice something that you like for a certain amount of time, both to see if you have the will power to do without it (or break the habit), and to maybe realize why that thing you gave up is so important to you in the first place.
I love vegetables, however I never seem to eat enough of them, mostly because I am focusing on something made of ground beef. In fact I love meals based around Ground Beef, Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Bacon and an occasional Gyro! I have thought many times that i could easily be a Vegetarian, because in so many ways Meat grosses me out (ex. Never Meat on the Bone, Nothing with too much Fat, When I do eat meat i like it Extremely Well Done)
So....the next Challenge!
I'm going to try a week without Meat!

So yesterday for lunch Mark and I had some leftovers that he had brought from Tabla. They were Vegetarian, extremely Delicious, and very satisfying! As we were eating I decided that Starting today I was going to start the Challenge.

After work we went out to Steak-N-Shake. I knew that it was going to be a little bit before i allowed myself to eat meat, so i wanted to overload myself a little as a last hurrah!
I had the Barbeque Western Burger which has Bacon, Cheese, and Crispy Onions and a cup of Chilli!
I really enjoyed it!
Now here I go.....

I'm not doing for this for animal rights reasons, (although much can be argued about the health factors of not eating animal products) and I am not giving up Cheese, Dairy or Eggs. I will just make a conscience effort for at least a week to not eat any Beef, Chicken or Pork based products.

No comments:

Post a Comment