Thursday, March 10, 2011

Eat at Home Challenge Day 1


Well, i did it!
I got up, picked up John Clor and ran some errands...Bank, Bloodwork for next weeks Doctor's appt, and then some grocery shopping.
I knew that I would have to stock up on some things if I were going to be eating at home for the week.
I spent the day snacking on things like sunchips, hummus, apples, and nuts.
Then for my big meal of the day I made a Moussaka. I fell in love with Moussaka about three years ago and i have had it at six or seven different restaurants around Florida and New York, and I have also made it at home from two different recipes. The one I make from this particular recipe is my absolute favorite, layers of Eggplant, Potatoes, Beef and Onions, with a Creamy Custard on the top! I thought it would be nice to start out the week of home cookin' with something that I adore! and the leftovers are usually just as delicious! I paired it with a basic Ceasar Salad which jazzed up with some cucumbers, tomatoes and a little bit of cheese.
I will go to bed satisfied and fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment