Friday, March 25, 2011

Vegetarian Challenge Day 1




Well the first day was easy. I made a picnic for Mark. Pita Pockets filled with Carrots, Cucumbers, Sprouts, Hummus and Feta, Pesto Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Peas, and Apples (plus a little bit of White Chocolate) Then in the evening Roy and I walked around Lake Eola for about 50 minutes total, stopping afterwards at Pine 22 where I had a Black Bean Burger with Sprouts, Cucumbers, and Tomatoes (there should have been Avocado on it, but they forgot to add it) but still it was Delicious, I had Sweet Potato Fries with it (I only ate about half) Then late night I went to Subway and had a Veggie Delight Sub, followed by a little more Chocolate at the house. In retrospect I should have only eaten half of my Sub, and skipped the Chocolate because my 8 hour fast was 191 (Yikes) however i waited 2 more hours and then checked it again, it had come down to 138 (better) but then Roy and I did a 40 minute P90 Workout Video, and after I checked the blood sugar again (10 hour fast plus a 40 minute workout) and it was down to 114 (Much, much better)
I am finding that when I fast while I work at night and then check the blood sugar that it is right on the money, but when my fast is while I am sleeping (non active) it is usually a little higher when I take my sugar in the morning. Maybe the key is to get up and work out before I take my reading? I'll do some trial and error testing and we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment