Thursday, January 12, 2012

Exciting New Book

It has been a little while since I have written a blog entry.
I was fairly successful through the holidays.
I did not work out quite as much as I should but I did resist a lot of food temptations, while still indulging on the things I really wanted just a little bit.
My blood sugars were elevated slightly, but were not too crazy.
However around October/ November I had a phase where they were very consistent and I need to get back to that.
Now a new year is here, and although I have not set any "Resolutions" I am now just starting to get back in to the gym a little bit more, as well as eating out less and cooking at home a little extra.
(Better healthwise, and ultimately much cheaper)


I am very excited about the book that I got in the mail this week!
"The Sweet Life" by Top Chef Contestant and "Fellow Diabetic" Sam Talbot
I have just barely looked through it as of yet, but the recipes look really delicious and fairly easy.
He has also filled the book with plenty of tips and personal insight and I know that it will be a book that I will enjoy reading cover to cover.
Perhaps I will prepare a couple of the dishes in the book and share my experiences in an upcoming blog.

I hope that all of you have had a Happy New Year so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment