Monday, September 13, 2010

Carmela's in Longwood



So, I am on a bit of a blogging hiatus.
But I will tell you that I have been doing excellent!
My blood sugars have been in range.
and I am feeling pretty good.
I want to use this posting to shift away from the diabetes a little and focus on the food.
Yesterday Nicole and I were coming back from Lake Mary and stopped for lunch at Carmelas.
I have been eyeing it for a couple of years now, but have never stopped.
It was pretty delicious!
Our starter was the Hand Made Mozzarella which is made fresh daily, and is served with tomatoes, red peppers, basil and olive oil with balsamic on the side.
Then I asked our server what her favorite pasta dish was and I went with that.
Penne Pasta, Fresh grilled Chicken and Mushrooms in a pink sauce.
a great choice.
Health wise I did OK, I only ate half and took the rest home and ate it before work.
a couple of snacks at work, but no heavy meal after, and my fasting sugar was 84.

No comments:

Post a Comment