Thursday, December 16, 2010

Latest Doctor's appointment

So it was time again for my annual physical, which was also my latest diabetes follow up checking my Hemoglobin A1C.
My last appointment was 3-4 months ago, when my doctor reported that my A1C was 6.0. She told me that was great for a diabetic. At that time she removed me from insulin. This was my first appointment with no insulin. I took in my blood sugar log where some of my numbers were as high as 137 and some in the low 70's.
Would my overall numbers be low enough to not only keep me off of insulin, but possibly even lower my medication?
Turns out to be pretty good news.
My A1C was 6.3.
It did rise a little, but that is being insulin free.
It is also the lowest it has been (without insulin) for the last several appointments, and i also think it is the lowest it has been since I have been diagnosed a "diabetic". She did not lower my current medication that i take, but i feel that if I can keep my numbers the same (or even lower) that she might reduce my pills next time.
Deborah (my Doctor) was pleased and so am I.
I still need to continue to eat right and exercise more.
and i definitely still want to get down another ten pounds or so.
I have had people commenting lately that they can see i have lost weight.
I might not see it a whole lot, but it is still very encouraging to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment