Friday, December 31, 2010

Thank You 2010


I started this blog a year ago.
I wanted to keep a visual diary of what I was eating, hoping that it would teach me a thing or two.
It did.
When I started I wanted to post a photo of every single thing i ate, and talk about each meal.
I no longer think that is important.
Throughout this process i have learned a lot about myself, my habits, and about diabetes in general.
Sometimes I wish I could remove my sense of taste and just be a robot when it comes to eating.
However i have learned that even still, Diabetes is not an exact science, and I would still have fluctuating numbers.
Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I just ate whatever i wanted, whenever I wanted.
Sometimes i am glad to have Diabetes as an excuse because I don't want to eat that dessert, or have that extra portion.
Other times I eat it anyway, and then have to live with the guilt.

I have realized that i am a food addict, and there is really no difference between that and any other addiction.
It is all the same.

The good news is that in this past year I have worked out harder then ever before.
I have been more conscience of what I was eating then ever before.
I have made some poor decisions, but I have also made some great ones.
I have lost a little bit of weight, and I still plan on losing more.
I have done so well that my Doctor has taken me off of insulin, and there is potential for her to also lower my current medication upon my next Doctor's visit.
Overall i am doing pretty good.
and it keeps getting better.

This is the time of year that everyone makes New Year's Resolutions.
Two years ago i stopped cooking Bacon at home, and last year I quit going through Drive Thru's.
I was successful at both of those, however this year I am not going to set anything in stone.
I can say that i will try to cut back on the french fries and potato chips, also cut back on the desserts.
I have already began to make arrangements to cook more of my own food at the house and limit my dining out.
I will continue to occasionally blog, wether it be about a delicious meal I ate or prepared, or a diabetes related update.

I thank you all for reading this.
It has been very helpful to me.
I wish you all a happy 2011, may we all have delicious food!
I feel that I need to post one final photo, so here it is, my final meal of the year.
a salad of mixed greens with cranberry goat cheese, walnuts, sliced apples and grilled chicken.

See you next year!
Diabetes can be delicious!

love, Loc

No comments:

Post a Comment