Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Drive Thru



This blog entry is not about Diabetes or Deliciousness.
It is about fulfilling a personal goal.
Towards the end of 2009, i realized that not only was I dining out entirely too much, but I was also eating way too much Fast Food.
I was spending so much time (and money) eating out, and not only that, but i wasn't even eating good food, i was just hitting Drive Thrus at least once a day, sometimes even twice a day.
I knew this had to stop, so i decided to make a goal of taking one whole year and not going through any Drive Thrus at all.
I told myself that it was OK to eat Fast food, but I would have to park, get out of the car, and actually go inside to order.
I felt that the inconvenience of getting out and going in would make my Fast food intake much less often....
and IT WORKED!
Throughout 2010 when I really wanted something, I would have it.
When Wendy's introduced the Bacon and Bleu Burger I simply could not resist! and that's OK.
However now that i look back, I realize that during the course of the year i had Wendy's 4 or 5 times (maybe 6), I had McDonald's probably 4 times, Taco Bell about 4, KFC twice and Chick-Fil-A about 12 times. Now all that added up is 28 Fast Food Dining Experiences for 2010.
Probably about 300 Experiences for 2009.
That is a decrease of over 90%.
Wow!

Now I am certainly not saying that I have been an angel, and I know for a fact that my Steak-N-Shake numbers have probably tripled from 2009 to 2010.

So it is currently the 5th of January, and since the new year I have DRIVEN THRU at Chick-Fil-A once and McDonald's twice.
My loose goal is to not get my Fast Food intake back up where it was in '09 and to decrease my Steak-N-Shake a little bit.
Maybe I will keep track of how many times I visit each place.
Maybe Not.

Throughout the year I really didn't miss it.
I still love Chick-Fil-A, and I love a McDouble from McDonald's.
Taco Bell I could do without.
I've never been a Burger King fan.
KFC upon occasion.
Wendy's is good.
Steak-N-Shake I like because I love Bonnie the waitress who works graveyard shift, plus it is right next to 24 hour Wal-Mart for your late night shopping needs.

So it is going to be a challenge, I will let you know how my progress goes.
BUT, I am pleased with my Fast Food 2010!

1 comment: