Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mr. Sisters vs. Bananas



First off, this blog entry will have nothing to do with Diabetes and is simply a restaurant review.
As many of you know, here in Orlando we now have two new dining establishments in our community.
I often write restaurant reviews on Urbanspoon, however with both of these particular establishments I don't think it would be fair. I have many friends that work at both of these places, and I don't want to post something that could be biased due to friendships or politics.
So the following information is not about the restaurant's concept, the service, the other times that I have dined at these locations, etc....
This is only about my meals that I ate yesterday, Tues. 1/18/11.
I knew that i was going to dine at each of these restaurants and wanted to just order what I thought looked best on the menu at each place, and then compare the two to see what i did and didn't like. (please keep in mind that I am not suggesting that any of these options are Diabetic Friendly)

Lunch at Mr. Sisters. I had the Gluttonous Build-A-Burger $11.75. You choose between Beef, Ground Turkey or Portobello Mushroom. I chose the Beef, Well Done. My cheese of choice was Muenster, and my 3 toppings were Avocado (even though what actually came on the burger was a generous portion of Guacamole), Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Roasted Red Peppers and my Side Item of choice was Sweet Potato Fries. To drink, and Unsweetened Iced Tea at $2.50.

Dinner at Bananas. I had Daddy's Burger $9.95 which has Crumbled Bleu Cheese, Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon and Carmelized Sweet Onions and your choice of Angus Beef, Turkey Burger, Chicken Breast or Veggie Burger. (When I found out that you could get the Chicken Breast FRIED, I knew that was the proper choice). My Side Item was the Homemade Potato chips and to drink (Surprise, surprise) and Unsweeted Iced Tea (Mango Flavored) $2.75

Now to Grade and Compare these two specific meals.

Presentation goes to Mr. Sisters, the recyclable plates get points and the plating also made a nicer picture.

Portion Size goes to Bananas, The Chicken Breast Spills out of all sides of the bun, where Mr. Sisters was more Bun then Burger.

Quality/ Taste of Sandwich goes to Bananas, The breading on the Chicken was too good, plus there was plenty of Bacon!

Quality/ Taste of Side Item goes to Mr. Sisters, I ate every single Sweet Potato Fry, Where some of the Potato chips were soggy rather then crispy and I left them on my plate.

Quality/ Taste of Beverage goes to Bananas, The Mango Tea tastes Great! The Tea from Mr. Sisters tastes like it comes from a gun.

Price goes to Bananas, $12.70 plus tax, is still cheaper then $14.25 with tax included.

So, on this particular day it goes 2 points Mr. Sisters and 4 points Bananas, Making Bananas the Winner!

I won't pick a favorite. There are good and bad things about both places. The diabetic in me feels that I should eat at Both establishments a little LESS FREQUENTLY! and never both in the same day again. When I do go to them, there are definitely Healthier Choices to be made. When waking today I craved a big salad, and have eaten great today, so as long as I keep them to a minimum, I can occasionally indulge at both Bananas and Mr. Sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment