Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend Update Jan 2011





This past weekend I did a pretty good job of keeping up with my food and blood sugars.

Friday my parents came to town and requested that I cook for them. I made Pan Fried Chicken Breasts that had been coated with Parmesan Cheese, along with Roasted Carrots and Onions and a simple Spinach Salad. A squeeze of Lemon over the whole plate left us all satisfied.
Then as I have been doing on nights that I work, I started my FASTING around 5pm and then took my blood sugar at 3am when I am finished at work. I find this easier then trying to get in a 10 hour fast at night. My saturday morning reading... 100 (aka Perfection - remember I am aiming for somewhere between 80 and 120)

Post blood sugar we went to Bananas where I had a salad with a Grilled Chicken Breast. Wow, I guess I don't have to have something battered and deep fried every time I go! then once I got up I went with Ashton and Rafael to try out a new place downtown. Pine 22, a build-your-own-burger place. Once I visit it again and they have their website up and running i will probably do a proper review of it. I was very pleased with my creation - Black Bean Burger on a multi-grain bun with Greek Feta, Lettuce, Sprouts, Tomatoes and Cucumbers! Delicious! I was also pleased with myself that I went for a healthier selection than the usual Bacon and Bleu Cheese covered Beef Burger.

After my work fast - Blood sugar 116. Then I came home to eat Vegetarian Indian Leftovers that I had re created from an episode of the Food Network Star's winner AARTI PARTY! Chickpea and Artichoke Masala, Roasted Root Jumble with Feta Cheese and Indian Summer Stew. A Meatless day, and the next day I felt great...hmmm!

Sunday, a meeting with some friends at Carlucci's. I had the special of the day which was Tortellini with Mushrooms, tomatoes and Alfredo Sauce with a Ceasar Salad for $8.95. Not bad, but probably my least favorite meal of the weekend. However the fasting sugar was 84 (yay) which proves that diabetes Can Be Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment