Sunday, December 5, 2010

the Next Day...




Ok, so eating pretty good overall has been doing me pretty well and has resulted in pretty decent morning readings.
Well, let me tell you about yesterday...
I knew that I was going to be dining out, and I decided early in the day, that i was going to order what i wanted, but try not to go crazy with portions.
Nicole and I were out running errands and ended up at Julie's Waterfront for lunch. I decided to get a Cheese Burger, and I knew that i could get Hush Puppies as my side. I haven't had more then one Hush Puppy at a time in years. I ate every bite!
Ok, so then what would I make for dinner before work? I went through the fridge and looked for things that I needed to "use up" and had a little Mexican Rice from the previous day and a Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla.
Then after a night at work, a group of us went to see Addison at Bananas. Once again, I decided to just order what I wanted, but not to go too crazy (By too crazy I mean ordering an appetizer in addition to my meal) I had one of my tried and trues from their menu - B.L.T. and Potato chips. They do make one of the most delicious B.L.T.'s - Green Tomatoes and thick, thick Bread. Mmmmm!
I cleaned my plate.
Fast Forward to 8 hours later.
In previous Bananas nights I have experimented and there have been times when i have tried to eat "Healthy" and have salads with cucumbers and avocados resulting in a surprisingly HIGH blood sugar, and then other times when I have ordered "Delicious" and may have been on the Shared Appetizer/ Fried and Heavy side and had a LOWER blood sugar.
Confusing.
I realize that Fasting Sugars also include Exercise, Good sleep, Portion control, Mood, and a little Luck of the Draw, in addition to Diet,so.....
This morning when i took my reading what would it be?

The previous day with all Home Prepared meals it was 110, would this one after Dining Out be even higher?
102! hooray!
was this because of portion control? and only eating 3 meals? is that a good thing to do or a bad thing?
Is it Ok to have a Potato chip? a Hush Puppy? a piece of Bacon?
I always hear "Everything in Moderation"
For today I will be happy that my morning results are so good! It is a day without stress for wondering why it is so high or so low. It is a day where I am not going to over-think every bite that I took yesterday (something that I often do) It is a day that I will truly thank God for giving me a little bit of peace. A day that I need a little more often. A day that i hope to have often, yet a day that I will try to not be too hard on myself if i cannot achieve such great results tomorrow. a True day of Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment