Sunday, April 3, 2011

Vegetarian Challenge Day 10




Today was great! I got up and ran some errands with John Clor, and I took him to Sweet Tomatoes because I had a couple of meal vouchers. I made pretty good choices, I didn’t go too crazy with the Pasta or Bread, and I made rather healthy Salad selections.
Then when I got home I got on the treadmill and gave myself a good, sweaty 30 minute cardio workout. Afterwards I toasted one of those slim 100 Calorie Bagels that I had in the freezer and spread it with a reduced fat Sundried Tomato spread.
Then a little later I had an Apple and a piece of String Cheese.
I fasted through work, and then at the 8 hour mark I took my blood sugar reading which was 89.
Several of us ended up at Bananas where I ordered the same thing as the previous night, however instead of the Salad that I thought I was getting as my side item they put Potato chips on my plate. I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t a little bit excited and delighted.
I cleaned my plate.
Now I have done it! I did my Vegetarian Food Challenge for 10 days. I wouldn’t be surprised if I ate meat tomorrow. However this challenge has been easier then expected, and I haven’t really missed the meat. As I mentioned in yesterday’s blog, I definitely need to focus on choosing healthier foods across the board, regardless of what challenge I have taken on. I need to eat smaller portions, and more often. I need to keep up with the exercise and not let it start slacking. And I need to focus on losing a little weight. I'm gonna work on it and i will keep you all updated.
Thank you all for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment