Saturday, April 2, 2011

Vegetarian Challenge Day 9




So today I decided to make myself a Frittata with some leftover cooked Asparagus topped with some Feta, along with a piece of Toast with Jelly it was a pretty good breakfast. I did a few chores around the house, then a small workout consisting of crunches, push ups and stretching and then around 6pm I had some of the leftover Spinach and Artichoke Ravioli Lasagna and some Salad. When reheating leftovers, I am trying to use the salad plates instead of the dinner plates, it keeps my portions smaller and it looks better in pictures as well.
Then after my shift I took my blood sugar and the reading was 108. Off for our usual Friday night trip to Banana’s, I had the Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup, and instead of my usual Potato Chips I just got a Salad, and surprisingly it was just as delicious and I was just as full. Now I know that this Semi-Vegetarian thing that I am doing is probably coming to a close soon, but I do feel that I CAN do without MEAT, and now that I am exercising pretty good I just need to tighten up my eating choices and I might even be able to lose some weight, which will be very helpful for my diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment