Monday, May 23, 2011

Cafe Trastevere




I have been eyeing Café Trastevere for years, but finally had it for dinner last week. Sitting just north of Colonial on Magnolia, in downtown Orlando it is a beautiful house that has been transformed into a quaint little Italian Restaurant. Inside it is surprisingly spacious, yet cozy at the same time and most importantly they serve thoughtful and delicious dishes.
For my Thursday evening dinner I had La Caprese ($9.00) which is something I like to get at every Italian place I go. Although it WAS delicious, I would probably pass on it the next time simply because there was nothing “special” about it. There was also nothing “special” about the Bread/ Butter (complimentary) that they brought around, however we had no problem emptying our Bread Basket.
But on to my entrée, after asking the server’s suggestion, I selected the Pollo Formaggio ($18.00): Chicken Breast in a white wine sauce topped with asparagus and mozzarella cheese served over pasta with broccoli on the side. Extremely Delicious! It tasted not only fresh, flavorful and fulfilling, but I didn’t feel too weighted down afterwards like I usually do after Italian Food.
They could use a price update on their website, however my bill (with a tea) ended up being just over $31.00 and I left with the satisfaction of a really nice meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment