Thursday, May 26, 2011

Yellow Dog Eats



We just came back from Yellow Dog Eats out by Windermere, FL, and I must say that this is one of the best new establishments that I have tried in a really long time! Well, it isn’t a “new” place at all, I believe it has been in this location for about 12 years, but it is definitely “new” for me, and immediately climbed its way to the top of my list.
It seems to be a huge house that has been turned into a restaurant, a Gem that one stumbles upon with a Hippie Flare that serves Food made with Love! Throw in a touch of the Cracker Barrel Style Store where you can purchase unique Bar-B-Que Sauces, Wines and T Shirts. Then stir in a whole bunch of Eccentricity, and top it off with a cool guy named Fish (the Head Cheese and Chef) who walks around and talks to customers and makes sure everybody is happy!
The Food – Delicious! Sandwiches, Salads, BBQ, Desserts, Beer, Vegan/Vegetarian Options – all in interesting combinations. I had the Pulled Pork Salad ($12.95) a bed of fresh greens, grape tomatoes, fresh onions, scallions, carrots, tangy bleu cheese, fried onions, cucumbers, and dikon sprouts topped with a hearty serving of our famous pulled pork and Fish’s Citrus-BBQ sauce. It was sweet, spicy, hearty and extremely fresh all at the same time, there were some bonus peanuts and almonds on it which gave it an extra crunch, and not only did I practically lick my plate clean, but I couldn’t have been happier to do it!
It was well worth the 20 minute drive. Upon looking at the website I found they have a room upstairs with a Chef’s Table for larger parties, and also a cool outdoor seating section for a day with nice weather! I plan on going back often, and taking friends that I know will love it. And I feel excited to have this treasure in my repertoire of Delicious places to eat!
Yellow Dog Eats Café on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment