Friday, April 9, 2010

Honolulu



Ok, So the day that we were docked in Honolulu I split up with my parents and went exploring.
I loved the city, and walked around for several hours taking pictures and walking through different sections of town.
Well you know that this meant eating out a couple of times.
The first place was the New Liberty Grill. It looked like a cozy little diner from the outside and upon entering I found a very friendly staff. I told the server that I wanted something culturally Hawaiian and to bring me whatever she wanted.
I don't remember the names of anything but the main dish was Pork wrapped in banana leaves and then it is cooked in the ground. It was served with rice and then another kind of Pork and cabbage dish, along with a coconut flan.

For my second meal I had stumbled across a place called Govindaji's Vegetarian Cuisine. It was an organic restaurant which specialized in local ingredients. Once again I told the server to make me whatever and Boy was it good. Quite possibly my favorite meal of the whole trip. It was a vegetarian curry which definitely had a kick to it, along with rice and salad, and a vegetable Samosa. I also ordered a Honey Ginger Green Tea! So tasty, I might as well have licked my plate clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment