Thursday, April 29, 2010

Aunt Mary





Ok, So last night at the bar Aunt Mary told me that she would like for me to quit being a slacker and to restart my blog.
I have missed it! I have been writing some reviews on urbanspoon.com and I have been trying to think of a way to write an informative restaurant review on that site, and then somehow link it to this diabetes blog. I am not sure how that will work, but for now I am leaving urbanspoon alone and focusing on this. I don't want to be just a food critic. The diabetes aspect of my food journey is what is important!

So, I have been logging all of my fasting blood sugars on a chart.
This morning's (thursday, April 29th) was 156.
Too high!
Funny, but as I look at last week (thursday, April 22nd) it was 155.
Too high!
So as I think about what was in common both of those dates, I remember that the previous week after work I had IHOP, and last night I had Waffle House (Steak and shake's dining room was closed and only the drive thru was open. I still have not gone through Drive thru yet this year! Thank God!) ( I would also like to point out that I realize that Waffle House and IHOP are all just as unhealthy if not worse then what I would get at a drive thru, but it is the point that matters)
Hmmmm?
Could this be why my blood sugar was elevated?
I say YES!

The moral of this story is "Stop going out after work and eating crap!"

Now, On to today!

Mark and I started at lunch at 4 Rivers Barbeque.

I can't resist their food and I had the Burnt End Sandwich (Brisket and pulled pork) with Mac and Cheese and Cornbread salad.
It was not the healthiest, but it could have been worse and I did skip dessert.

Later for dinner, Jeff, J.D. and myself went to Citrus before we went to see XANADU. There I had the ARTISANAL AMERICAN CHEESE PLATE, mission figs, marcona almonds, mango blossom honey, baguette for my appetizer and for my entree I had the MAYOR DYER’S LIME CHICKEN, grilled lime marinated chicken, romaine, black beans, sweet corn, plantains. I have eaten there before and I really enjoy the food and the atmosphere.
XANADU was great!

then before bed I made a parfait with yogurt, fresh strawberries and walnuts.
My goal for tomorrow's blood sugar is between 100 and 130.
We will see, and now that I am back in the blogging state of mind, I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment