Friday, April 9, 2010

Pasta!





So while i was on the cruise, My taste buds were delighted to find that every night there was a Pasta Bar.
There was always 4 selections of Pasta to choose from, then while it was boiling they would ask you what veggies you wanted?
There was everything from mushrooms, peppers, onions, spinach, tomatoes, broccoli, peas, artichokes, bacon, chicken, etc....
They would then saute your choices in a pan, and when the pasta was done they would add it in.
Then they asked what sauce you wanted?
There were always 4 or 5 different sauces to choose from.
Then you would top it off with grated cheese.
My God was it delicious!
So I noticed that every day that I had Pasta, I would have a blood sugar that was elevated by 10 - 15 points.
I also remembered my Dad telling me that when he had Pasta his blood sugar would go up as well.
Damn!
Heredity?
Probably so.
So, The moral of this story is that I will continue to eat Pasta, because it is delicious! However I will try to limit the quantity and the frequency. All things in moderation, Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment