Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Monday, july 5th




What a day of eating!
I was at Wal-Mart picking up a few things and I was planning on eating somewhere when I left, and then i remembered someone telling me that they had a pretty good deli. I went and looked and I did see some Chicken Tenders that looked delicious, along with some side items, and then the lady asked if she could help me.....
Lets see....
Wal-Mart Lady "What looks good to you?"
Me "Chicken Tenders, Do they come as a meal? or just buy the pound?"
Wal-Mart Lady "Either one"
Me "I'll have the meal"
Wal-Mart Lady "Do you want the $3 Meal? or the $4 Meal?"
Me "The $4 Meal, Of Course"
Wal-Mart Lady "What 2 sides do you want?"
Me "Mac-n-Cheese and Jalapeno Poppers"
Wal-Mart Lady "You're gonna love the Jalapenos"

She was right!
I did!

Then for my evening meal Mark and i went to Graffiti Junktion.
I can't believe that after all this time that this was the first time that he had been.
It is always one of my favorites. We split the Potato Skins appetizer. and then i had my usual Burger, well done with Bleu cheese.
I ate most of my Burger, and about 10 full french fries.
My French Fry trick is to either just eat 10 fries, and then leave the rest
or what i did tonight....
Eat about 20, but only take one bite out of each fry.
I find that the portions they usually give are way too much (although they are so delicious that it would be easy for me to complete them) and then by doing it this way I get full french fry flavor and satisfaction, and still feel a little relief knowing that I saved a few calories by not cleaning my plate.

So, after a fast of almost 7 hours, my blood sugar was 87.
Not bad considering it was a day of basically ALL THINGS FRIED.

Goal for tomorrow... perhaps a salad, and some other vegetable at some point during the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment