Sunday, July 4, 2010

Pasta!



Usually when I eat PASTA I end up with high blood sugars.
This makes me a little sad, because not only is it easy to prepare, but you can flavor it up so many ways.
Pesto, Marinara,(and dare i say it....) Alfredo!!!
Although i will never completely give it up, I do try to not eat it all of the time like i would like to.
So yesterday when my parents were coming to town I asked them where they would like to meet, and of course they said..
BUCA DI BEPPO
They always insist on the APPLE GORGONZOLA SALAD Tart Granny Smith apples, spiced walnuts, dried cranberries and Gorgonzola cheese tossed with our fresh lettuce blend in our signature Italian vinaigrette.
It is delicious and I will never complain.
However they usually want the lemon chicken, which is also great, but today I talked them in to PENNE SAN REMO Tender chicken breast, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and peas tossed with imported Italian penne pasta in a white wine cream sauce.
I had it once before and it is excellent!
Now the good thing for me (and Nicole) was that they sent all of the leftovers home with me to enjoy after the bar, which i did.

Now as for blood sugar, i probably should have eaten a slightly smaller portion before bed, but I had a morning reading of 108.
Now that IS the highest that it has been in 12 days, but remember my Doctor wants it to be between 90 and 120, so 108 isn't half bad, especially since I did have PASTA!

How is that for justification?
I do plan on lowering it tonight!
I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment