Monday, July 26, 2010

Portland




The next three posts are just going to be pictures and food descriptions.
Then I will follow up with a diabetes update.

Portland, the first stop on our trip, was quite a beautiful and interesting city.
We didn't have a whole lot planned on our agenda, but managed to find plenty to do including delicious food that we had previously looked up on the internet.

The world famous VooDoo Doughnut not only allowed me to try the amazing Bacon Maple Bar, but also provided us with a box of sinful deliciousness to snack on throughout the week.

My favorite meal of the entire trip came from Tin Shed Garden Cafe. Squashed- Fresh gorgonzola- butternut squash ravioli, spinach & mushrooms in a rosemary-port cream sauce,
topped with parmesan cheese and candied walnuts
This is a dish that I was highly anticipating, and I was not in the least bit disappointed!

and we also were referred by a local to the Davis Street Tavern where I had one of the best Artisanal Cheese plates ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment