Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday, August 21st




Day two without insulin
With yesterday's news of a "in range" blood sugar I wanted to start the day off right.
My first meal of the day was simple, some honeydew melon, a piece of string cheese, and a cracker that I stuck in my pocket from Jason's deli. I knew that the next day i was going to cook "big" and I wanted to have something to munch on while I prepped for the next day (today) so I also purchased a Salad with Grilled Chicken, Dried Fruit, Nuts and Goat Cheese which was my dinner before work.
During work was a Granola Bar, and after work i was propositioned by Bobby to go to Bananas.
I thought about declining, because I have eaten there several times over the last few weeks and there isn't really anything "Healthy" on the menu, however I decided to go, eat what I wanted, and see what my morning blood sugar was.
If it was high, then i would have to really tighten up on my late night eating.
Nicole, bobby and I all went. We shared an order of homeade Potato Chips (good thing there were three of us, because I could have easily eaten the whole bag - So Delicious!) and then I ordered the Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup.
a little worried this morning as I took my reading, I was pleasantly surprised that it was 115!
Even better then the previous day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment