Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wed, Aug 25th and Thurs, Aug 26th




Not that it really matters, but when I do a blog for Thursday, August 26th, that is the day of the my morning blood sugar, the day of eating to build up to that reading was actually the day before, which would have been wed.
I digress.....
Tuesday Addison and I went to MAMA NEMS' Comfort food for the soul. Our friends Desiree and Angelica were talking about it one day and we said we wanted to go there, and finally we did.
Delicious!
Corn Bread, Meatloaf, Mac and Cheese, Green Beans, Fried Green Tomatoes, Cheese Grits and for dessert we split both a Peach Cobbler and a Banana Pudding!
Heavenly and Decadent!
I took quite a bit home with me in a "to go" box.
I was so full that I really didn't want anything else for awhile.
Later that evening Mark came over and we went to Smokey Bones, where I ordered Chicken Fingers, but I only ate two of them and brought the rest of them home as well.
Morning Blood Sugar was an amazing 84!
Wednesday I got up and finished off the Chicken Fingers with a piece of Cheese and some Honeydew Melon.
Then off to work out with Lynn.
Then before work I finished up the Mama Nems'
I was doing OK until after work, when Addison and I went to Steak and Shake. I had the Bleu Cheese Bacon Burger and a cup of Chili. We always have the same waitress when we go there and we must treat her pretty good, because after our meal a couple of Chocolate chip cookies appeared on our table.
At this point i was still doing OK
Until our post-Steak-N-Shake Wal Mart trip was coming to a close and we were in that Checkout Line
Magically a few Candy Bars ended up in our basket, and I am pretty sure that we inhaled them in a matter of seconds while driving home.
What was I doing?
Was all of this work for nothing?
Did I have guilt? Absolutely.
Will I try to control myself a little better? Absolutely
Morning Blood Sugar....122
Not terrible, but still a couple of points above range.
Food can definitely be a struggle for me.
Smarter food choices are coming my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment