Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sun Aug 22 - Tues Aug 24




Ok, I've been away from my computer for a couple of days, so I figured that I would put three days in to one blog.
Saturday I cooked for Mark and Nicole.
The challenge was that I could make whatever I wanted to, providing that my protein was fried.
Normally I stick to baking and it is usually Chicken, so this time I decided to be different then the norm and go with a theme.
Country Fried Dinner!
I looked up some recipes and made the following: Country Fried Steak with White Gravy, Cornbread (probably the most delicious that I have ever eaten) Creamed Spinach, Tomato and Onion Casserole and Pumpkin Maple Bread Pudding.
Was it the healthiest? NO
Was it delicious? YES
So saturday I basically snacked on that throughout the day.
Sunday morning blood sugar 116.
Sunday morning off to Tampa for a show that night.
There were no complete meals the whole day, just a package of Cheese and Crackers here, an uncrustable PB&J there, and a few Chicken Fingers, and so on.....
Also in the mix were a couple of Vodka drinks, so I was a little worried about mondays sugar, which turned out to be 113.
(Maybe the all day snacking, and never too much food at one time helped)
Then monday lunch was at one of my favorite places.... Acropolis in Ybor City.
I had the usual GYRO platter with Greek Salad and Greek Fries.
So Delicious!
a couple of the people that dined with me didn't want there leftover Moussaka and Pasticcio, so I took them home with me, along with my Gyro and Salad leftovers.
Perhaps I had too big of a portion late at night, along with the rest of the Bread Pudding, and I was so full that I knew I was going to be out of range, but somehow I still weighed in at 117.
So far, being without insulin has been agreeing with me and I have managed to stay under 120.
Today my fridge is empty, so not only must i shop and refill, but I am also excited to see what culinary adventures will come my way.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment