Sunday, August 29, 2010

Saturday, August 28th



Started the day with a bowl of cereal.
Then for lunch I had some Indian food that Mark had brought over.
It was Paneer in a delicious sauce, along with some rice.
Then while working I had one of the granola bars that I usually keep with me.
But after work Nicole and I went to the dreaded arches of McDonalds.
So far in 2010 I have had a strict NO DRIVE THRU rule that I have stuck to.
I have eaten "fast food" several times, but I always get out of the car and go inside.
I feel that forcing myself to go in for the food will make my "fast food" trips less frequent.
So.....
Although it was a bit of a drive, there is a McDonalds that has a 24 hour lobby, so that is exactly where we went.
I had 2 McDoubles, and a Chicken Wrap.
The McDoubles were delicious, but when I got to the Chicken Wrap I found it to be dry and nasty so I threw it away.
Then what did I go and do?
I forgot to take my night time Glimepiride pill.

The morning blood sugar was 123.
Not the worst, but it was not what I wanted and was 3 points above range.

Was this the McDonalds? or the lack of medication?
or the fact that I didn't do any cardio the previous day?

Maybe all three.

Hopefully this will improve.
It will!

No comments:

Post a Comment