Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 61



Fasting Blood sugar 68. a little low.
I feel that it is better to be a little low, rather than a little high, Is this true?
This blog is called Diabetes can be Delicious! Today definitely had delicious moments, however I don't think that I did very well with the diabetic side of it. I broke several of the rules.... I did not eat multiple small meals. I did not make the best choices on the food that i ate. I ate way too much fat, and did not drink enough water! As I type this I get a glass of water to increase todays' water intake. Much better.
So this morning i started with a bag of peanuts. Then I went and ran some errands and picked up Addison for our trip to tampa. We stopped for lunch at Sonny's. I use to go there quite often, and it use to be one of my favorites. I got the big deal special with a Beef Brisket sandwich on garlic bread with mac and cheese and an iced tea. Although it filled me up, I did not enjoy it like I use to.
Then off to Desiree's house for a photo shoot, after which we met Daphne and went to Lupton's. I have heard some of the girls from tampa talk about it but this was my first time there and I loved it! What is Lupton's you ask? The best way for me to describe it is a cross between soul food and country cookin, only it's a buffet! The website gives this description.....
BBQ Beef, Pork, Ribs, Chicken, Fried Chicken, Smoked Ham, Baked Beans, Potato Salad, Crisp Cole Slaw, Collard Greens, Mashed Potatoes, Brown Gravy, Green Beans, Biscuits, Daily Special, Salad Bar, Fruit Bar, Cobbler Bar, Dessert Bar, Iced Tea, Coffee & Much More!
I had more then I should have, in fact I really shouldn't ever go to any "Buffet"
Oh well!
and then if that were not bad enough, we then went back to daphne's house for a bit and had honey roasted peanut/ cashew mix and girl scout cookies.
I am Bad, Bad, Bad!
I do feel glad that I don't do this all of the time, and I suppose that my food guilt for today is a good thing.
I hope I am back on track tomorrow.
I will be going back to the gym, and i will let you know how everything else goes.

1 comment:

  1. Loc,

    When my grandma blood sugar would get really low, she would start acting screw (acting as if she was drunk)

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete