Thursday, October 7, 2010

Brown Butter Sauce


So yesterday for lunch I made butternut squash ravoli in a brown butter sauce with walnuts, basil and shaved parmesan.
It was delicious!
However.....
Brown Butter Sauce is really just melted butter, which has a lot of fat, and is probably not the healthiest.
That combined with the rest of the days eating which also contained the other piece of Coke-A-Cola cake from my fridge and some Chicken and salad made for a morning blood sugar of 131, the highest it has been since I was taken off of Insulin.
Not good! The first time i have been out of range.
I have been working out great, but I need to eat better.
It was my birthday today, so i will be easy on myself.
tomorrow i will be easy on myself as well, but after that I had better shape up!

No comments:

Post a Comment