Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu



So I have been enjoying cooking and preparing my own food for the last few days.
Yesterday my parents were coming to town and wanted me to cook for them, and I decided to make all of my favorites...
Chicken Cordon Bleu, which turned out to be the best that I have ever made, I somehow managed to roll it up tightly and efficiently and for the first time the cheese didn't ooze out of the Chicken!
I also made a rich hollandaise sauce to go on top which was quite buttery and lemony.
Along side were roasted Carrots, Parsnips and Onions with Thyme and Dill, and my favorite "Go To" Salad with Walnuts, Sunflower seeds, Dried Cranberries, Apples and Bleu Cheese.
Delicious! Everyone was satisfied and everyone cleaned their plates.

Then came Dessert!
I remember from around third or fourth grade going over to Keith Fields house, and his mother had made a Coke-A-Cola Cake!
Well a few years back I was at a Cracker Barrel and they had it as the Dessert Special, I ordered it and it took me back all of those years.
So, I looked on line and found a recipe and decided to make it for myself.
My god is it sinful or what?
Of course it is made with Coke-A-Cola, tons of Sugar and Butter, and is extremely Ooey Gooey and Fudge Like!
I cut a small piece for myself and thoroughly enjoyed it, then I immediately packaged up most of the remaining to send home with my parents. Addison i saved a piece for you so don't you worry! I have to get it out of the house or I will continue to eat it.

However all things in moderation seems to be working, because the fasting blood sugar was 89!
I am pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment