Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mediterranean Fried Cauliflower




OK, i have had several requests to give out some recipes, now I need to start out by saying that I am in no way a chef or a dietician and as far as any recipes that I may give, although this is a blog about diabetes, these recipes may or not actually be diabetic friendly.
But i will say that they are delicious!
So today I made some of my fried Cauliflower. It is something that i don't make very often, but when I do I wonder why i don't make it more often.
Start with a head of Cauliflower and chop it up into fairly small pieces.
I fry it in a deep cast iron skillet in vegetable oil, in about 3 batches, as to not crowd the pot too much, and after each batch is fried to a light brown, i drain well in a Strainer and then dump into a large bowl.
Chop 2 Roma tomatoes into a fine dice and half a bunch of finely chopped fresh parsley and add them in and stir.
That's all there is to it. It can be served warm, but is just as good at room temperature. I also like to take Tahini Paste and thin it out with water and serve it as a sauce with the dish.
Today along with the Cauliflower I served some Falafel (that I made from a mix) and the rest of the hummus that I had made two days ago.
Since my last post my blood sugars have been 118, 115, 93 and today was 88.
I guess I'm doing OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment