Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cooking at home


So in the past few weeks, due to lack of an available kitchen to cook in, I have been eating out quite a bit.
Although now for both health reasons and financial reasons Mark and I have decided to limit our dining out, and I'm going to try to cook more at the house.
I love cooking, grocery shopping, meal planning and ultimately saving a few dollars, so why not?
Plus this way when I do go out to eat I will appreciate it that much more.
Yesterday Mark came over and we went shopping together, and then cooked!

a mixture of ground beef, onions, red peppers, cous cous, herbs and spices filled our tortillas topped with shredded cabbage and carrots, along with a salad of spring mix topped with mandarin orange segments, cranberries and a homeade dressing that was sweet and delicious. Very satisfying and we felt good about what we had eaten.

Followed by a short walk around the neighborhood.

There are plenty of leftovers and a variety of things to eat in the fridge.

and the fasting blood sugar was 103.

No comments:

Post a Comment