Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Nachos and Collards



Wow!
One post on Facebook and I went from 14 followers to 19. Thank you for the interest!
For those of you that are new, I would like to say that I go through phases of blogging every day, to phases of blogging just once a week, or just when i have eaten something interesting or photo-worthy.
I also think you all should know that my Doctor would like for my fasting blood sugar to be between 80 and 120.
She had me taking insulin for about 10 months, however in the past few months, partially due to me eating better and exercising more, she has taken me off of insulin and i am currently just on pills.

Now to yesterday's food.
I'm trying to save money these days, so I went through my fridge and pantry and realized that i had several things I could make with only purchasing a couple of ingredients. Mark came over and we went to the store and then we came home and i made Nachos. They were Delicious! I cooked the ground beef, layered them with the chips, cheese and salsa, and put them under the broiler. Very satisfying!

The plan was to go to Yoga, however we might have fallen asleep and missed it.
So instead we put on a huge pot of Collard Greens, and each did a half hour on the treadmill while they cooked down. I also through in a few rounds of bonus crunches, before I dove in to the big bowl of steaming Greens.
Also delicious!

Then before bed I had a bowl of Cereal.
So when I woke up today i had a headache and I felt that my sugar might be a little too low.
It was.
73
I probably should have eaten a little more throughout the day, especially with the cardio.
I suppose it is better to be a little too low, then a little too high. But in the past when it has been on the low side is when i have had a little "fit"

Today will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment