Monday, December 31, 2012

a new year....

Well, the new year is almost here.
I just looked over my "fasting blood sugar" sheet for the month of december.
Most of my readings were between 130 and 160.
The whole month long there were only 3 that were in the range that they should fall in.
I haven't been eating badly, and the increase in my exercise has been outstanding.
I really can't explain why my blood results are not better, except for the possibility that my current medication might not be enough.....
However, for some reason, I am not discouraged.

I feel that over the next few months my endocrinologist (and I ) will come up with the right solutions to get my sugars in a more desirable range.

In the meantime I have decided to try out a new journey, one that I have been considering for a couple of years now.

I have watched several documentary shows and films on going Vegan.
This past week I watched Vegucated, and I have decided that in the new year I am going to give it a try.


I'm not saying for how long, and I'm not saying how extreme I will go, but I do think that a plant-based diet will do my body good for a little while.

This being said, Mark and I are leaving tomorrow (1/1/13) and going to Ft. Myers for a few days.
During this time I am going to eat whatever I want!
Now I am not going to "Pig Out" just for Pigging Out's sake.
I will still be sensible and work out, but if there is something I want to eat I am going to eat it.


I have even purchased a couple of my favorite "Guilty Pleasures" to take with me, and I will enjoy every bite.

There are also a couple of restaurants that we will be dining at where I will probably not order off of the diabetic-friendly portion of the menu.

But I do promise to not go crazy, and I look forward to comparing these results to the results after I have "gone Vegan" for a little while.

I will keep you all posted on my progress.

and a Happy, Healthy New Year to you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment