Sunday, December 2, 2012

December 1st 2012


Not feeling very well still.
I had previously arranged for my shift to be covered tonight, so it was nice that I didn't have to worry about working.

I started with a bowl of Cereal with Walnuts and a Banana

Cereal with Bananas

Then a few hours later I was craving some comfort food so I decided to make some Mac-N-Cheese
(I know this is not healthy - but I felt like indulging)
I shredded some cheese from the freezer and added in some Bacon Crumbles.
Once it was done baking I has a portion with a Salad.
(Funny, the Salad was more enjoyable to me then the Mac-N-Cheese)
It was good, just a little greasy.
maybe I shouldn't have added the Bacon?
I remember once making a "Healthier" Mac-N-Cheese recipe that called for half Cheese and the other half Pureed Butternut Squash.
I wonder if I should re-visit that recipe or come up with some other "Healthier" recipe for this classic dish that I do love (from time to time)

Mac N Cheese and Salad

The Nyquil was still working and I took about a 3 hour nap!

When I got up I finished the other half of the Thanksgiving Sandwich from the previous day, as well as a little more Mac.

Since I was sick and bored I re-subscribed to Netflix.
I watched a documentary called Forks over Knives
It is about the health factors of not eating meat and eating a plant-based diet instead.
Seems to be beneficial (and almost healing) to both Diabetes and Cholesterol (both which affect me)
It is something to consider!!!!!!

Cereal with Strawberries

For my final meal (along with another half dose of Nyquil) I had another bowl of Cereal - this time with Strawberries!

morning sugar......
170
It's not like I was expecting it to be good.
I'll be back to work now, so hopefully things will start turning around since I will be a little more active.

No comments:

Post a Comment