Thursday, June 10, 2010

Back on track



back to taking the pills like I should pays off.
Fasting blood Sugar of 81. Almost too low.
Yesterday was an interesting day for me, I didn't go out to eat one single time the whole day, those of you that know me well know that I usually "dine out" for at least one meal each day.
I started with a left over Bean and Cheese Burrito with refried beans and rice from California burrito express. It was actually just as good 2 days later and reheated in the microwave. Then before work I have one of my classic Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches (still a childhood favorite) There was also some cardio on the treadmill in there. and then after work I reheated the brown rice and lentils, and made some maple glazed carrots and some ground beef and onions that I cooked with tumeric and cumin, along with a salad with goat cheese and cranberries. Then I finished up some frozen yogurt that was in the freezer, and took my insulin. Sometimes just going through my freezer/ pantry combined with a little imagination can make some pretty good food. I do think that when I make meals like the one on the right, I am going to use the salad plate, rather then the dinner plate. I know someone that threw away all her large plates and ended up losing several pounds. That way when you see the plate it looks much fuller.

No comments:

Post a Comment