Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Monday, June 14th





Started the day by making breakfast at home - two morningstar farms veggie sausage patties, scrambled eggs with spinach and a pinch of sharp cheddar and two pieces of toast with jelly. Then I went to the gym and had a great workout with Lynn.
Then i was at Target doing a little shopping and I had a little diabetic fit (aka I could feel that my blood sugar was low and I began to feel week) so I bought a Limeade and some almonds and slowly I started to feel better. Maybe the working out had dehydrated me a little?
Then for dinner Mark and I went to HUE. I had been there twice before and really enjoyed my food, but the food I had this time was by far the best. I started with a glass of house red, then Mark and i shared Grilled Flat Bread, Pesto Goat Cheese, Arugula, Balsamic Reduction. Then for my entree I had an Orzo dish in a Feta Cream sauce with artichokes, roasted red peppers, crumbled Feta and grilled chicken. Mark and I came to the conclusion that this is the second best meal we have had together, falling just short of Anna's Polish restaurant. For dessert we split a piece of Carrot Cake (made for HUE by the DESSERT LADY)
After a long night of fasting I was extremely pleased (even though it was actually kind of low) to have a Blood Sugar of 81.

No comments:

Post a Comment