Thursday, June 10, 2010

Forgot to take my pills!





So, I had a day of delicious eating. I started out the morning with a fat free yogurt with blueberries and a couple of cashews. Then nicole and I went to lunch at BRIO in Winter Park, where I had the lunch portion of Roasted Sweet Potato & Chicken Risotto With Insalata Lunch size serving of Risotto with your choice of a Chopped, Caesar or Bistecca Insalata. It tasted great and was just the right portion. Then a late evening dinner with Mark and Addison at Tasty Wok, where I had mixed stir fry vegetables. and finally a late night meal at Steak and Shake with Addison (Bacon and Bleu, Chili and a garden salad), along with a trip to Wal-Mart. Then I remembered.... I never took my morning pills! Oh no! My normal routine is all but one of my diabetes/ cholestorol/and vitamins in the morning, and then at night before bed I take my one other diabetes pill and my insulin. I don't recall ever forgetting my pills before. Was this a big deal? or not? I took my normal night time pill and my insulin, and woke up to a blood sugar of 138. Was this because i didn't take my pills? was it eating too much at steak and shake? maybe a combination! So today i was back on track, so we shall see tomorrow. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment