Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May 30- May 31




Ok, these two days are going to be short and sweet and to the point.
The day of the 30th Nicole and i went to try CRAVE by Millenia. I wasn't expecting very much other then mediocre food and high prices. I must say that i was pleasantly surprised to find that the food was excellent! My highlight was the Roasted Beet & Walnut Salad, Fresh spring greens, bleu cheese crumble, daikon sprouts, and orange-cilantro vinaigrette. I would also like to point out that the service was excellent! I hope to go there again soon, because there were other things on the menu that looked interesting, and I am also glad that I wasn't expecting much when I went there because that probably made me enjoy it even more. After an extremely busy night at work, I came home and ate pretty sensibly and had a morning blood sugar of 111.
As for the 31st, Mark came over and I made lunch, roasted butternut squash, cranberries, walnuts and shaved parmesan on spring mix with a sweet orange vinaigrette. It was originally a Barefoot Contessa recipe, but i altered it a little. I also made brown and wild rice salad with lentils and caramelized onions, and fresh corn with lemon and paprika. Then later in the afternoon we went to Lollicup (It has become a favorite of ours) and then a small snack at Pho 88. Then later on in the evening Addison, Jeff and myself went to Graffiti Junktion where I had Orlando's Best Burger with Blue cheese and fries (I only ate about half of my fries). Then for dessert, with the need for something sweet, we walked (CARDIO) down to 711 and I had a bag of Chocolate Peanut Butter Buglez (Yes, I said it!)
However the next morning I was pleased to still be in range at 116!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment