Sunday, May 30, 2010

Saturday, May 29th




An earlier then usual start, Daphne and Leif came over from Tampa about 10am in order for Daphne to catch a flight. On the way to the airport we stopped for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. I knew that this would not be the healthiest meal, but it was the first meal of the day, and I knew that it would be the most decadent. I had the Old Timer’s Breakfast, Two Eggs* cooked to order with Grits, Sawmill Gravy, Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits, real Butter and the best Preserves, Jam n’ Apple Butter (on request) we could find. ~plus~ Fried Apples or Hashbrown Casserole ~and~ Choice of Smoked Sausage Patties, Turkey Sausage Patties or Thick-Sliced Bacon. In order to feel like I was putting in SOME effort towards self control, I only had one biscuit, and I barely touched the Sawmill Gravy, other then that I pretty much cleaned my plate. Then off to the Fringe festival with Nicole and Leif. I skipped the food carts, and then came back home for a nap. I am finding that if I eat a delicious and satisfying meal, that I will not want to snack so often, but if I try to "order to healthy" then I usually waste the calories that I "saved" on eating some kind of junk later!
So once I got up, I heated up the Siam Garden leftovers from two days ago, and i must say that they were just as good on the second go around. Then after work we went to Subway. I am excited that now there is a location that is open 24 hours. I got the Veggie Patty 6 inch with lettuce, tomato, pepper, onion, cucumber and pickle, and a bag of Baked Lays (almost half the calories of the sunchips). I was pretty pleased that I didn't get the Footlong with extra cheese and bacon. I left wanting to eat more (because of habit) but when I thought about it, I was full enough and felt pleased with my choice, And it payed off.....after exactly 8 hours my fasting blood sugar was 107!

No comments:

Post a Comment